Monday, March 21, 2011

A Bodily Cleansing :) part 1

Okay, well, I wasn't sure if I should include this in my "Redemption" series or what. As I said in those posts I am an avid anti-dieter. :) I cannot go on a strict diet because then it is more about my body and the food and controlling the food than it is about my heart. If I feel like I need to cut back on sugar I just try to keep that in mind when I am wanting dessert or something like that. I don't draw hard and fast lines that say DO NOT EAT SUGAR ... otherwise, I will want to eat it. It's a man made rule and it stinks. Whereas it's more like just keeping everything in moderation, foregoing things as much as the Holy Spirit empowers me to, taking it to God so that He can fulfill me better than any brownie or bowl of ice cream.

Okay, I posted about my sleep issues in an earlier post. Also, I've been getting a lot of headaches lately. Usually I just take some Advil and move on. Another thing I've been struggling with constipation. One at a time these are not huge deals in my life, but all together they are starting to wear on me. My insides just don't feel right. I just sort of feel like there is stuff that just needs to be flushed out.

I've been thinking about it for a while and I think I'm going to try a cleansing thing. (I don't use the word diet because that would be heresy :)). I think I'm going to go with this article and references more than anything. I don't want to take any pills, I just want to do juices, broth, flaxseed and lots of water.

Leaving out gorey details I will probably post about it in my next post. So, I'll let you know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment