Friday, July 4, 2014

No Regrets


I'd rather be pursuing food blogs right now… that's what I'd rather do.

But I think I just need to process. So why not do it online?


Dear TSA and Southwest Airlines,

I hope you find my bag and my phone. It would be so awesome if you did.

Sincerely,

Jody


I really really really miss my phone. I was thinking about that today. I miss being able to call someone and chat while I drive. I miss my friends texts (goofy and serious) and the connectedness I felt with them. I miss being able to take pictures of cute things my kids do and then post them on social media.

We have decided that I probably need to just get a new phone and a smart one would be ideal because it will be able to navigate for me. It will also be able to take pictures and videos. The only thing is that we would have to bite the bullet financially to get it. No, we are not going into debt by any means, just cutting into our nice, pretty pile of money we have saved. It's just frustrating.

I haven't really bought many new clothes. I mean, I got a skirt and two shirts for the wedding and rehearsal dinner, my sister gave me a pair of shorts (which I love so far, Faded Glory, who knew?) and a shirt. I bought two more shirts from Target and then that's about it.

Ben's parents gave me one of their Bibles which was similar to the one I lost. I love them and their generosity. It's good to just have a Bible I can mark up now and make my own. I've been using little pieces of paper as a journal. I should have bought one the other day, but I just don't spend money. I always think, "I can hold out a little longer."

I was talking to Ben about this nagging feeling I have of regret. Thinking: why did we fly? Why didn't we just drive? At least we wouldn't' have forgotten so much stuff, we wouldn't have inconvenienced my parents by using their van, I would still have my phone, we would have been fine to drive… Then Ben pointed out that if we had driven I would have been miserable. We would be in the car with three kids four and under for 39 hours. It would have been stupid.

So maybe I just need to live and learn.

-Keep track of your stuff
-Don't freak out at airports
-Don't regret stuff


Lord, help me to live with no regrets. I struggle with this because it's easy to look back and wish I had done things differently. But if I spend all my time wishing I had done something different, then I won't enjoy what I'm doing right now. Lord, help me to live in the moment and for the future. Help me to look ahead and around me. Let me learn and move on. I'm struggling now Lord, help my heart and my emotions to catch up with what I know to be true: You are sovereign. You work all things together for the good of those who love You and are called according to Your purpose.

Thank You for perspective Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment