Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pregnancy again. :) part 4

So the other day I stepped on a scale (I don't own scales of my own but sometimes when I'm at my parents house or something I will step on just to see).  And... it pretty much told me I had gained about 7 pounds. Yikes. Already? I'm only nine weeks... but then in the back of my mind I'm like, "yeah, Jody, that sounds about right with as much as you have been eating lately, and with as little as you have been exercising." Yes, I have been eating more desserts, more carbs (been craving salty stuff) and I haven't been as motivated to go for a walk in this heat.

Maybe that step on the scale was just what I needed to kick things into action. This morning I got up and took Levi for a thirty minute walk at 8 and it wasn't that bad. Truthfully, I think the earlier the better for walks in the summer. It's been up in the nineties this week and anything after nine is just impossible.

As I was walking I was just thinking about how I just need to make my calories count. I'm hungry basically all the time and it's not like I can't eat because I will feel nauseated, and I think in some way I am needing to feed this little baby growing inside of me. But I think instead of reaching for an ice cream bar I should probably get an apple or banana or something like that instead. I remember with Levi I would have a huge glass of whole milk every afternoon and that would get me through. We went through a lot of milk. So I think I just need to be more mindful of my snacks and what I'm putting into my body. I want this child to have a good start, so I need to watch what I eat. I also need to continue exercising so that I'm strong for when I have my VBAC :)

I'm going to my first OB appointment today. I would have gone in sooner but I was gone and then he was gone, so this is the soonest we could get me in. I'm okay with that, I don't know that those early appointments make very much of a difference except to get to know the Dr and for him to prescribe meds for morning sickness which I probably won't fill since it's expensive and mine's not that terrible. I mean, sometimes it's terrible, but sometimes I'm totally fine.

Well, I gotta go before Levi takes apart Ben's computer. Oh the joys of having an 18 month old :)

No comments:

Post a Comment