Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Help me Lord

This is how my conversation with God went this morning.

"I don't want to do this. I don't want to do the laundry that's all piled up, I don't want to go grocery shopping, I don't want to discipline Levi, I don't want to go to this meeting, I don't want to email these people..."

Just me complaining to God. Ever had a conversation like that? No, I didn't really get much of a response. I don't know that I was listening really. Just listening to me. How does my heart become so selfish?

The good part is that I can present these things to God. I can just throw them at His feet and ask for wisdom and strength. I'm tired and I'm weary, but Lord, help me to take steps of faith. As I walk through the house with the laundry, as I clean my kitchen, as I go to the grocery store... Teach me to walk by faith and not by feeling. Give me strength Lord, I cannot do this without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment