Friday, April 27, 2012

Being a mom of two

The kids are finally both down for a nap. Deep sigh...

Something major happened today: Levi climbed out of his crib. Our use of the bed as a cage has now officially come to an end. That actually sounds so terrible. We've been thinking about getting him into a big boy bed in the next couple of weeks anyways, so maybe this will just speed along the process. I was thinking about how crazy it is to watch your child grow and change. It's weird because you know conceptually that they will change, you know that they will grow, but then when they do it still surprises you. It's unexpected when you hear them say something so clearly or when they learn to put something away or when they learn a new book and know exactly where something is on the page... It's like a parental mental roadblock. I don't know.

Lord, help me to accept the changes in my children. Let me not always see them as little babies, I mean, they are my babies, but at the same time let me not keep them in this rigid idea of who they are. Help me to accept the changes in them. Help me to delight in the growth before my eyes.

Some cute things Levi has been doing lately:
- He calls oatmeal "eemeel" normally he's pretty good at pronouncing things but the other day he said "I want some eemeal" and I was like, what? It took a good five minutes to figure out what he was saying. Then I took another 10 minutes trying to get him to say it right only succeeding in him butchering the word further and me laughing really hard. (I laugh at my kids all the time, it's not good.) I think some other pronunciations were: "eebeal" and "oambeal"
- He's been playing outside a TON with this beautiful weather we've been having. He's obsessed with this little blue water pistol he got from his grandma. Ben looked out the window and said "I love this kid." He was walking around the back yard with a stick and his water pistol shooting trees, rocks, anything that he could aim at. He is all boy.
- He has these bandaids with cars on them that he loves. Every time he gets a remote owie he cries for a "ban-aid" and it's up to me to decipher the wound and tell him if it qualities. Well, got a band aid the other day and when it fell off he went and put it on his "potty chart" where he puts stickers for when he goes poop in the potty.

I've noticed that Levi is a very passionate little boy. If he is going to do something he will do it with all of his might. If he is going to dance to a song (he calls any upbeat song "Elmo dancin!" because his grandma DeeDee lets him listen to Sesame Street Pandora) he dances with his whole body. If someone is at the door he runs as fast as he can to get it, he pushes his dump truck with all of his might.

Lord, I have so much love for this passionate, interesting, funny little boy. Help me to be wise as I mother him. Help me to lead him toward You and not push him away. Thank You for this sweet little blessing.

And I forgot to mention Aria! Wow, that's terrible. Maybe it's because she is so low key that she just kind of flies under the radar. She sleeps, eats and smiles. We like to jokingly call her our PC (perfect child). Now that she is past her hip issues and acid reflux she has been pretty easy. I think it's because she sucks her thumb so she is able to self-soothe very easily. She's sleeping about 10-12 hours at night (she sleeps later than Levi) and is just super chill in general.

My friend just gave me the pictures from her birth the other day. Thankfully I can hardly remember the pain, even though it was a long process, and I have to say that she was totally worth it. Maybe I can post some of my favs on here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment