Saturday, January 12, 2013

Levi Stories

Oh how I've needed to post some Levi stories. His life could be a story really,

The other day I was in the bathroom and he came running in. "Wook a my found (look what I found), it's Mater!" (the tow truck character from the movie Cars). He holds up a dusty little fruit snack. Fruit snacks are his favorite thing. He randomly just looks at me and says very seriously "I don't want a fruit snack mommy." This absolutely means he wants one. I told him a while back that I would reward him for good behavior when he least expected it. We don't want to bribe, we want to reward and rewards are not expected so stop asking for fruit snacks. Anyways, he was full of delight and joy as he presented the fruit snack to me. Since we hadn't had fruit snacks in about three days I asked him where he found it. He proudly exclaimed "Under the frigerator!' and popped it in his mouth.
"Mmmm, is that pretty good little buddy?"
"Yeah."
He's probably developing a taste for mold this way.

This was a recent trip to the grocery store. I hate those carts with the cars on the front and so when we go into the store I immediately have to inform Levi very firmly that we are not going to use one of those carts. I usually try to tell him while we are in the van and clearly line out all of my expectations but often have to re-inforce them as we are entering.
His favorite thing is to run ahead of the grocery cart, head down, arms swinging at his sides like a vaulter and then turn around and run back. This is usually fine during the week at nine in the morning when the store is more empty. But for some reason I decided to go after naps which meant it was around 4 and the store was packed. I had to keep getting on to him to stay with me.
At one point I handed him some spaghetti noodles to put in the basket. I turned around and heard pasta spilling all over the floor. There was a nice man walking down the aisle and he helped me pick as much of it up as I could.
Later we were in the dairy section and Levi was wanting to get the milk. It was too heavy for him on the higher shelf so I thought maybe he could grab it from a lower one. He did pretty good until he tried to lift it above his head into the cart. I totally should have seen it coming. The gallon of milk came crashing onto the floor and milk started gushing everywhere. What do you do in that situation? A grocery store worker saw it and went into the back to get a mop I assume. I just left the scene. I felt kind of terrible, but I don't know what my presence would have accomplished. Needless to say, we left as quickly as possible.
Finally we were checking out and Levi yells out to me, "I don't want any candy!" Again, trying his hand at reverse psychology. That's right Levi and I turn back to the groceries. I look back at him and he has a Mike and Ike candy open and is eating it. At this I freak out inside. We do not steal! I went and got the candy, paid for it and all the way out to the car I let him know that he had stolen and when we got home we would have a spanking. I'm not going to go into great detail about that last part, but you get the idea.

Oh my sweet Levi, I love it when you laugh, even your new creepy laugh you have developed. You are the best nose-blower (besides your daddy) I have ever met.  I'm sorry I never let you play with my phone. I'm also sorry about yelling at you for touching my computer. You remind me a lot of how I don't listen and obey well either. I love it when you are thankful. I love it when you share and play with your little sister, she thinks you're amazing even when you spew water into her face in the bathtub. I love it that when you wake up you always want to cuddle, except when I'm trying to make dinner.

You are my precious boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment