Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Expecting Baby #3

I have no idea what to title this post. I was sitting there thinking and then I thought, I'm wasting precious time that I could be blogging. So, I just stuck that in the title. :)

Alright, this is kind of just a pregnancy update. It's not so much about the baby as it is me and how I'm handling things right now.

News Alert!! For the first time ever in any of my pregnancies I think I am actually nesting. This crazy. But good. Our house needs some TLC and I need to make some decisions about how I want my nest. More than anything, I need energy and motivation to actually DO the projects I want to do. I'm not a project person. I like the idea of sewing cool curtains or refinishing a chair or painting the hallway or stripping off the wallpaper in our kitchen so we can paint it to look pretty and fun... but yikes, doing it is often a different story. Lord, I need help and wisdom in this.

I think all these projects mean that I'm going to have to keep facebook and instagram at an arms length these days. I'll still get on, and do stuff occasionally, but I'm going to try to keep it super limited. Lord, help me in this too.

The good thing is that I'm pretty much in my second trimester. I'm not big yet. I often forget that I'm even pregnant (until I try to fit into my jeans). I have no more food aversions, vegetables don't repulse me any more!! I can go to the grocery store without wanting to vomit! Life is good. Life is beautiful.

The only thing is that I'm hungry, the kind of hunger that you have skipped a meal or something... all the time! It's about every two hours it seems. The good thing is that I'm starting to swing back more towards whole foods, vegan, organic, healthier choices. Thank goodness those things don't make me want to gag any more. Those six weeks of feeling that way are not beneficial.

I have a cold right now, but I'm pumping the vitamin C (my doula said you can take up to 1500 mg per day) and drinking Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar and honey (it's basically the nectar of life!)

Exercise is hit and miss these days. I found that if I push myself too hard I'm pretty much a zombie for the rest of the day. Usually just a good 1 mile walk is all I can handle. Hopefully all these projects will help me with just getting moving and I can count them as exercise! Ha!

Lord, help me to glorify You in this pregnancy. Thank You for bursts of energy. Help me to use them well. Help me not to get too focused on the house and it's needs and forget the needs of my children. Give me wisdom in all of this. Thank You that Ben is able to hobble around without crutches and the help he has been these past few days. Thank You that he is a helpful husband in general. Thank You for this new life forming within me. Help me not to be resentful, but to be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment