Monday, July 22, 2013

Pregnancy Update

It's hard to believe that this is the third time I've been pregnant. It just doesn't seem like I'm old enough or experienced enough. For the record, I'm 28 and we've been married for a little more than 5 years.

I'm now 15 weeks and a few days. My belly is still in that awkward phase where it just looks like you ate too much for dinner, not that you're really pregnant yet. I'm totally okay with that. After a few pregnancies I've learned to really just enjoy not having a humongous belly and not worry about how I look. Right now I'm still trying to wear my old jeans, just wearing them a little lower and making sure my shirts are long. I'm learning that I'm just not a huge fan of the panel until I have a belly to hold it up. Even then, they get itchy and stuff. Or maybe I just have cheap maternity wear. 

As I said last time, I'm totally nesting. For some reason I have a crazy amount of energy and I'm wanting to exert it on our house. I think it's finally hit me that it's a worthwhile investment and I would really enjoy living in a prettier house right now. So... we are working on the kitchen. Yikes! I like to bite off more than I can chew. Anyways, I'm peeling away the wallpaper right now... only to find more wallpaper. I feel like an archeologist uncovering the hideous 1990's paper. It's exciting. 

Can I just say I'm really proud of the fact that I didn't gain any weight this past visit? Can I just shout that out?! I had gained about 5-6 pounds the first one and realized I needed to really watch it. (No more late night ice cream.) Now that I've been feeling better, I've definitely eaten healthier. The main goal is not to gain a million pounds. With Levi I started out heavier but only gained 30 pounds. With Aria I thought, "What's the big deal? I lost it all with Levi, I won't gain that much weight will I?" and I gained more like 50 pounds. I was almost 2 pounds shy of 200. Oh my. 

Well, it's so far, so good. Let's see if I can get things right the third time around. :) 

Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment