Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Granola Recipe

I have never posted a recipe before, but this morning I was just sitting here eating this AMAZING granola and thought, "why not share this with the world?" My friend was surprised when I told her I made my own granola. It's really easy to make, so I just thought I would share.

I got it from a cookbook I have called "The Peach Tree Tea Room Cookbook"
and it's titled Sally's Granola

3 cups rolled oats
1 cup coconut (I used sweetened)
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup wheat bran (I didn't have these two items so I just put in whole wheat flour and added some whole flaxseeds)
2 cups chopped nuts and seeds, she recommends cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and almonds, you can't go wrong. I used almonds, pecans, and peanuts (that's what I had and they were CHEAP:))
1 cup honey
3/4 cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups of raisins (I left these out because I have "issues" with raisins... yes, "issues" Ben can add them afterwards if he wants)

1. Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl
2. In a small bowl combine honey, oil and vanilla
3. Toss with oat-nut mixture, coating thoroughly. Place in a large shallow pan and bake at 300-325 for 45 to 60 minutes or until dry and toasty looking, stirring every 10 minutes. Add raisins after cooked. Allow to cool and refrigerate in airtight containers

Makes 9 cups

There you go. I love the heartiness of this recipe and just how I know everything that is going into it. It pretty much beats the snot out of the grocery store brand.

Here's my pic of the finished product.

1 comment:

  1. I love granola! I have tried making it a few times, but haven't found a recipe I really like. I will have to try this one! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete