Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pregnancy again. :) part 30

Well, I'm going to say it... Happy Due Date Aria. :) We all thought you would come before now, but maybe that's just not in your plans. I got to hear your little heartbeat today and it sounds like you are doing just fine. You haven't been moving in there as much, but I think that's because there's not too much room left. I have this feeling that you won't mind being late to places and will have an easygoing personality. This is just a hunch and I'm not going to pinhole you into this, but just know that if you are going to be late, give your daddy a little grace because he likes very much to be on time :).

According to the Dr I'm one little centimeter dilated and only 25% effaced. Big heavy sigh. I haven't dilated this whole time, so this actually might be an improvement. I was hoping for more, since she has dropped and I can just feel her soooo low. This makes for more room for my lungs and less heartburn but it also makes for far less bladder space... yikes. And let me just tell you that I'm taking my fiber pills to help head off any other problems that this very low baby could cause :).

After hearing that I hadn't really progressed and just the realization that I would most likely be pregnant for a few more days ... it was just rough. You start to think, "will my body ever kick into labor? What if I don't dilate? Will I have another C section?" I think all of this just hit me after the Dr left the room and I just started crying. Ben was there, I was so thankful for him in that moment. I had to pull myself together so that I could go out there and schedule my next appointment before leaving. And true to Cornerstone nature, I would probably see someone I knew. Crud. I hate this Dr's office. Just kidding. But sometimes I do because it's awkward when you see your friends mom there. I don't know... I saw two of my friends moms today.

I'm praying for patience. Praying that my body will just open up so Aria can come out. Praying her head will engage. I went on a walk today and had a good long talk with God. Just singing about Jesus being my tower and my rock I stand on. Singing about how I am weak but He is strong, I know I must learn to wait. The lyrics of that song maybe could not have been more applicable as I was just singing this through held back tears. By the end of it I was thanking God for the good things about this pregnancy and how it compares with my last one.

I'll just list them.
She is head down, Levi was breech.
We have made it to forty weeks, she won't have as much difficulty as Levi since she is full term.
My blood pressure has remained low, with Levi it shot up at 37 weeks.
I'm 10 pounds lighter than I was with him.

Other things I am thankful for:
An on call chiropractor, he said that if I am having any kind of trouble and feel the need to be adjusted I can call him and he will bring his table to my house and just adjust me.
An awesome doula who has herself gone to 41 and 42 weeks with pregnancy, she is totally laid back about stuff and is knowledgeable about positioning.
An amazing husband who will be there with me every step of the way, he is my rock.
A clinic that is VBAC friendly, a hospital that is VBAC friendly.

Lord, I will give thanks to You because You are good.

I will extol the Lord at all times;
His praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the Lord;
Let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
Let us exalt His name together.
Psalm 34:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment