Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Learning from God

I figured, if I'm going to keep a blog I should probably write about what is most important to me. That makes sense doesn't it?

Honestly, the most important thing in my life is the Lord.

I wish this were my thought every moment of every day. If you came into my house at any time, asked me what the most important thing was, maybe I would be in the middle of doing dishes or picking up toys, maybe I would be rescuing Aria from Levi, maybe I would be sitting on my couch staring blankly at my computer wondering what in the world I was supposed to be doing... I would want my knee jerk, gut reaction to be "The Lord. He is my purpose, He is my life."

Yesterday I was reading this in Luke.
"If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it." (Jesus speaking) 6:23-24

Lord, do I live with my cross taken up? Do I live with it daily? What does that mean as a stay at home mom?

I am often overwhelmed by my life. I feel like I'm not doing enough. sometimes I feel like I'm doing too much, I'm too busy, too overcommitted. Lord, I want to be delighting in You. I want Your Word to be in my heart. I have not sought You as I could.

I want to shed my earthly possessions. Lord, help me to cling to nothing. Help me to cling only to You.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment