Sunday, December 2, 2012

Update. Also a post about Aria's sleep issues.



Just as an update about my supply: I think my supply struggles have gotten better. I just have to be very very intentional about the copious amounts of water I need to be drinking. In fact, I just got up in the middle of writing to get a glass of water. I basically fill a glass, guzzle it and then refill it and take it with me. This way I don't just pour a glass and just have a full glass sitting around. 

Another update is the fact that Aria has decided not to sleep through the night yet again. I was okay with it when we were still struggling but I think now it's just for kicks and giggles that she wakes up and decides not to go to sleep again until I nurse her. This usually happens around 3 am. We are also struggling with her going and staying in bed. She is usually exhausted by 6:30 or 7 so I lay her down. She goes to sleep within minutes but then anywhere from 30 mins to an hour later wakes up crying. We tried to let her just go back to sleep again last night but after 15 minutes to incredible screaming Ben looked at me and said, "If you don't go get her then I will." 

I got her and she didn't want to nurse. She wasn't necessarily happy with anything so about 20 minutes later I laid her down again. She went down fine. So weird. What was that? Why did she wake up like that and was angry? 

These are the struggles of the first year. 

It's nice to look at Levi and see how things sort of just get worked out and life moves on. Sleep will come. We will figure it out. 

In the meantime my left eyelid just won't stop twitching. Come on. 


This Sunday afternoon is begging for a nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment