Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dear Simeon


Dear Simeon,

Thank you for being such an awesome baby. I love you. I love cuddling you, I love rocking you, I love singing to you. I wish I had been able to enjoy my other babies as much as I enjoy you. Maybe I did, I can't remember. I love your smile and your sweet little coos. If you could figure out the thumb sucking thing instead of trying to shove your whole fist in your mouth you could probably be the most perfect baby. Aria sucked her thumb, I think that's why she started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks. … maybe. I can't remember.

Why does my life flash before me? I wish I could bottle up these thousands of moments. The little smiles, watching my baby fall asleep in my arms, the new discoveries … I don't think I can even write a complete sentence my brain is on such a low-functioning level. I don't even care.  It's like I wake up one morning and these tiny babies are huge. I want to cry when I look back on videos of my children learning to walk. I want to go back there and tell myself that these moments are precious, be thankful for them.

But life is truly a vapor.

It will be passed before we know it.

Oh my Simeon, remember this, don't waste any time on trivial things. Live it to it's fullest.

I love you my sweet son,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment