Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Prophet

I live next door to a prophet. No, I'm not kidding. I'm totally serious.

This guy moved in a few months ago, he's renting and when I first met him I told him the name of my son and he said "Levi? As in the Levitical priesthood? Is he gonna be a minister of the Lord?" I was a bit surprised, but my response was yeah, you are the first person who has ever said that. But that is exactly right. We named him for the first priest, Levi, the ministers in the temple, the worship leaders.

Some people think this guy is a little bit strange, I'm sure that's how the Israelites thought of Isaiah. But I like him. :) You know why? Because he is always smiling. He is always talking about the glory of God and how it has just messed him up. He said, you probably think I'm crazy, but most of my days are in there just crying out to God, lookin' out the window at the trees... Yes, probably a normal psychiatrist would think that there is something wrong there. But the only thing I sense from him is a brokenness from God and the fire of the Holy Spirit.

He's been praying for revival in Little Rock with his friends for a while. He said he has dreams and visions, he told me about one of them and how God revealed that America is in love with entertainment. I probably could have told him that. :) I think the Lord is speaking to him though. I'll be praying for him. He said God has made him an intercessor. I think his prayers are part of what got this going at my church.

A week from Monday after all our prayer meetings (I kind of hate calling them prayer meetings, because I feel more like they are confession/brokenness/crying out to God gatherings) got started he knocked on my door and asked me if it was true. Is Summit really experiencing revival? Yes, we are. He got the biggest smile on his face and clapped his hands together with "halleluiah" maybe in a way that other men would hear that their favorite football team won, but more excited than that.

He stops and talks to me sometimes. Last night as I was standing in my driveway, watching Levi play in the rocks and sticks that make up our "yard" he stopped and talked to me. In conversation he told me that the Lord told him I was resting in love. He said even the numbers on my liscence plate meant "rest" and "love" ... I dont know about all the numbers and stuff like that, but I totally agree with that prophecy. I think more than any other time in my life I am able to rest in God's love. I am resting in Ben's love, in Levi's love. I am not striving or anxious. I have cut my heart open and laid it bare for all to see my brokenness and ugliness and now I am resting in love. There's nothing else I can do. I'm not trying to hide anything or manipulate anything. He has set my feet upon a rock. He is my firm foundation. I am at rest. I am at war with the enemy of my soul, but I am also at rest in my Father's love. It took me a long time to get here and there was some serious darkness on the way, and my journey is far from over, but I am praising God for the place that He has me.

No comments:

Post a Comment