Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy Birthday Aria

Dear sweet Aria. 

Happy Birthday. 

I'm really sorry this is two days late. I'm going to blame… well, no one really, it's just that being a mom of two little ones and about to birth a third is not easy. You may find this out someday. It's not easy, but it's worth it. 

Sweetsie Love is probably my favorite pet name for you. You just are that. This little blond head, bouncing from one thing to the next. You have the sweetest little voice, yet you do pack a powerful punch. Your daddy and your brother are probably the best judge of that. It doesn't change the fact that you are precious though. 

You are a quiet ball of energy. You don't talk much and you sure can yell if you want to, but for the most part, you are quietly getting into little things around the house. We will find you in our bathroom sink, chewing on a toothbrush, in the tub, sliding down the side, or jumping onto the floor below. You love to jump. A trampoline park recently opened down the street and you are all about it. You were protesting getting in the van the other day and then I asked you if you wanted to jump and you immediately went into cooperation mode. You are unafraid. You jump off of couches, off of beds, down the stairs, I wish I had your bravery. Although, I'm looking forward to when you have better depth perception and can see that you realistically can't jump from one piece of furniture to the next. 

You are determined. Determined to put on your own shoes, your own skirt, and anything else you could possibly do yourself. The only one you really seem to listen to is your big brother. But even then, you seem to get tired of obeying him after a while. At the tender age of two you have been using the word "No" quite frequently. It rolls of your tongue beautifully as you elongate the N sound and finish with an absolute O! 

You love music. Right now it's all about dancing. I will ask you to sing a song with me and you start out singing, but it's not long before you can't contain yourself any more and break out into a prance around the room. When we were at Mimi's house you could be found playing the piano several times a day. I don't think that Levi did this as much. You seem to be very interested in the piano, this excites me. 

You are my little song. 

You are joyful, funny, quiet, determined and just plain amazing. 

Lord, thank You for giving me this precious little girl. Let me treasure her. Let me tell her how beautiful she is inside and out. Let me express Your love to her as well. 

I love you Aria. 

Your Mama



Just wanted to post a few pics that the amazing Barb Raney took. Thank you Barb, for capturing our little girl so beautifully. 









No comments:

Post a Comment