Thursday, September 29, 2011

I cannot keep silent...

I guess I am wanting to blog just to ask for prayer. I am at a conference for an organization called Care Net right now. It's really good, really amazing. I have learned so much, cried a lot, prayed a lot... felt overwhelmed a lot.

I've been involved with our Crisis Pregnancy Center for a little more than a year now.  I counseling and mentoring every Thursday morning. It's not much, but it's been an amazing outlet for ministry in my life. I have met more girls there and gotten to share my faith, encourage girls, and have even had an ongoing discipleship relationship with one. It's amazing to see the Lord work.

So a little while back our Operations Manager at the Center asked if I wanted to go to this conference. I think people think I am more on top of things than I really am... I had expressed interest in coming to a conference before, just to learn more and be better trained.

Anyways, I have felt so inadequate. I also have felt a heaviness. Maybe I'm tired from being six months pregnant, traveling to Florida, staying in a hotel, going to sessions and doing my best to take notes on and absorb all this information. But I feel like it's something more than that. Really, we are here because of abortion. We are here because our nation decided that it should be legal to take the lives of tiny babies, even before they can take a breath. We are here because medical physicians have made the decision (yes, made the decision) to go into the business of aborting babies.

This is something that Satan is all about. He has come to steal, kill and destroy. So many women have believed the lie that this is the only way out. Statistically one in four women in America has had an abortion. So statistically, some of you who are reading this have had an abortion. I am not standing here to condemn you, I am not saying that if I had been in your circumstances I would not have done the same thing. I'm here saying, I'm so sorry. I am weeping for you. Maybe it has been a long time and maybe you've done your best to put it on the back burner. I'm so sorry to be reminding you if that is the case. The truth is, there is healing. There are steps you can take to grieve and reconcile and be in freedom from your abortion. If you want to find out about that process you can go to our website and find out about it.

I think more than anything, this has just been a sobering time. I don't even know what to write in this moment, I think just to ask for prayer over my mind and my spirit. I keep thinking about my little Levi and what a gift he is, and how precious it is to feel Aria moving around inside of me... I feel like this whole thing is pulling at my heart strings as a mother in a new way.

Lord, please give me strength. Help me to learn, help me to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. These babies are near and dear to Your heart and I know you are weeping for them as they are being taken from their mother's wombs. You are a Father to the fatherless, You open the eyes of the blind, Your truth sets us free.  Please help me Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment