Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pregnancy again. :) part 9

Okay, so I haven't explained what we are going to name our little girl and why.

I've been praying that the Lord would give me a name and I would just know it was her name. I'm really good at shooting down names and being a hater. Someone will tell me their favorite name or something that they really love and I'll be like, "Uhhh, nah." Awkward pause and then move on. I kind of hate it when people suggest names to me because I usually feel like a jerk as I reject their name. It's not that I don't want to hear their suggestions or that I think their stupid or something, I think it's just that I feel bad.

Okay, all that to say we have decided on:

Aria Dawn

How did we come up with this name? Ben did. He is amazing. I know. We had been talking about it one Sunday afternoon and I liked the name Lyric. I wanted something different and light and meaningful, I write lyrics and stuff, but I wasn't totally sold on it. Ben wasn't a fan of it. The next morning I came out into the living room, he had just come home from working out and he told me he had a name idea. So, Jody, I was thinking about the name Lyric and how it has to do with music, so I was thinking back to my Music Appreciation class back in college (uh oh, if you were not a music major you wouldn't understand, it's kind of like me telling Ben and IT major that I was thinking back to my Word processing class in college, very basic, eyes are rolling) and I was thinking about the Italian operas (another uh oh, I'm not a big fan of the big, gaudy Italian operas, it's just too much for me... yes, I majored in music, I reserve the right to respect operas, but not enjoy them.)  What is the song that the woman sings in an opera? An aria. In Italian it means "air" or "wind" ... hmmm, it also means melody or song that the female sings in an opera or oratorio.  The wind is significant to me because we had been studying in church about the Holy Spirit as the Wind. God did some significant things in our church during that time, she was also conceived during that period. The more I thought about this name the more I just knew it was her name. Good idea Ben, I'm sorry I didn't have faith in you. :)

We decided on the name Dawn because it's my mom's name and we just wanted to honor her in that way. (Ben jokes that this way she will be mom's favorite grandbaby:)). We were also thinking that if her name is Aria (wind) Dawn (morning) it would be like her name is "the wind of the morning" ... a new and fresh wind. I hope that's what she is, just a breath of fresh air. I love morning breezes as I'm starting out on my walk and the wind just rushes up the hill to brush my face.

So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. She's 22 weeks along and having a grand time jumping, kicking and basically dancing around in my womb. This morning as I was playing and singing in worship I could feel her just going crazy. Already a worshiper? Yes, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment