Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Being a mom of two part 3

Let's see, what did I do today? Today was potty training. This past week has all been potty training. And laundry. Lots and lots of laundry. I also nursed, rocked children, cleaned the bathroom, changed several diapers, cleaned poop and pee off the floor as well as fixed breakfast, lunch and dinner for hungry mouths. To be honest, I'm kind of exhausted. And yet, I love what I do. Levi woke up early from his nap and was still cranky so I rocked him in the recliner for a while. I remember thinking to myself, "I am so lucky, I love this job. I don't know that I would do anything else except care for my kids and clean my house." That's totally crazy, I know. I don't feel that way every day, but today that's how I felt. I want to do my work heartily as unto the Lord. I want to be content in every circumstance, I want to overflow with thanksgiving. Lord, help me to do those things.

All of that to say, however, that potty training hasn't gone so well. I mean, kind of well. I have decided that we are not doing diapers anymore with Levi. We are doing nothing. No underwear, just naked from the waste down. I have him sit on the potty about every hour and make him "try" to go potty. He ends up peeing into it nine times out of ten. Then we get out M&M and he's happy. He has actually taken himself to the potty maybe twice and surprised me. The poop has been another story all together. He does not want to go poop on the potty. Not at all. Usually he tries to save it for when we put him in a a diaper at night. This tells me that he CAN, in fact, hold it. I try to encourage him as much as I can that pooping on the potty is a good thing and he won't have a hurt bottom from diaper rash. I bribe him with videos of trucks, if he poops on the potty he can watch them, I tell him he can't get on mommy and daddy's bed until he can poop on the potty, I'm about to take more and more privileges away... The M&M's don't seem to do much so, I might go get him some little presents at the Dollar Tree that he can unwrap.

Wow, I am literally falling asleep as I am writing this post.

I think I'm done.

That's being a mom of two for ya. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment