Monday, May 16, 2011

Pregnancy again. :) part 1

I keep having this inner dialogue with myself about stuff. That's what I love about blogging. I don't blog so that I can post pictures, I don't blog to tell everyone about my latest purchases, I blog because I enjoy letting other people in on my thoughts. I invite others to join me on my journey and participate in my struggles and triumphs.

Well, some of you may know this, but I wanted to let you all know that I'm pregnant. My husband and I are very excited about bringing another new life into the world.

So I'm going to start another series in my blog about this pregnancy in comparison with my last one, the things I'm experiencing, how my life is different (it is VERY different), the spiritual struggles, the physical struggles, the emotional and mental struggles...

Alrighty then, here goes.

I'm about 7 weeks along. I'm not positive about gestation, but will know more when we go to the Dr in the first part of June. Just a few days ago I started to experience morning sickness. Now, the name "morning sickness" is, in fact, deceptive. Maybe it's stronger in the morning, I don't know, but for me it's an all day long sickness. I don't get it terribly. I have friends who throw up all day every day, but the best I could describe it is just this general feeling of nausea. Not cool. And then add being incredibly tired on top of that and you have some no fun days. I'm trying to do my best to just lay down for a few minutes then get up and do some housework, then go lay back down and rest some more. Levi sees this laying down time as an ideal time to just crawl all over mommy. So I get little knees and elbows poking me as he crawls up on the couch. It is adorable that he wants to cuddle and just be with me. He loves to be hugged and touched in general.

I feel like in this first phase of pregnancy we as moms are reminded that our bodies are not our own. It's the first act of sacrificial motherhood as we carry our new little baby.

Lord, help me to continue to serve my son and my husband. Give me strength and patience and endurance as I keep the house and fix meals. Thank You for my husband who is so gracious to me. Help me to love him as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment