Thursday, August 25, 2011

100th post.


So this is my 100th post. I feel like it should be epic. Maybe not.

I'm sitting outside, watching Levi put leaves into our trash can, telling him "good job!" He loves affirmation and praise. Yesterday I decided to do yoga when he was awake. He was fascinated by the pregnant ladies sitting on the floor and moving their arms  up and down. So he sat in front of me and did the same. It was hilarious, totally broke my concentration and breathing, but totally worth it. I'm seeing that as an oldest child he is wanting to do everything that we do, wanting to be "big" I know I should be treasuring this time, but sometimes it's really annoying to have a little shadow following you around all day, hanging onto your legs while you are cooking dinner, climbing on you while you are sitting on the couch and just being right there.

What was I going to post about originally? I forgot.

Something I was thinking about the other day was how thankful I am for things like a microwave, a washing machine, a dishwasher... I was thinking about my sister in law who lives in Africa and doesn't have any of these conveniences and how different my life would be without them. Oh yeah, did I mention AC? She doesn't have that either, I think they just have fans... yikes. I was listening to people complain about the heat on the radio and it occurred to me that people live in this kind of heat all the time and they don't even have AC. I wonder what they complain about. :)

God has been slowly but surely moving in my life. Places of shame are being removed, a hunger for His Word is slowly being restored, grace is being spoken anew... I still feel like I have a long way to go and I don't know what the path looks like from here, but I definitely want a restored passion for Him in my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment