Friday, August 12, 2011

Pregnancy again. :) part 6

I just wanted to update today to say that my energy is completely changed! I'm going to attribute that to a good night's sleep. I only woke up once at 430 when Ben was sneezing. He scared me so bad and I was like, "Why did you sneeze in my face!" He was like, "I didn't." It was just that loud. When I got up at 6 I actually wanted to get out of bed, I actually wanted to have a quiet time and read the Word, I actually wanted to go for a walk, I actually wanted to eat breakfast. I'm sure I have so much energy I'm using now that I will crash come the afternoon, but I don't even care.  Life is good, I can dance around the kitchen with Levi and not dread the day.

Lord, I wish every day was like this. Maybe I wouldn't appreciate today as much if every day was this good. Help me to thank You for the days when I just have to depend on You. Help me to do what is needed and rest when I need to rest, to discipline Levi with a heart of wisdom and peace... My need for You is so profound in every part of my life. Only You can sustain me.

Thank You for today. Thank You for the sunshine and the energy, thank You for the ability to walk, thank You for this precious little girl growing inside of me. Help me to put her needs above my own pleasures, above my own wants. Lord, being a mom is not about just having kids and getting to nurture and all the beauty, but You also made it about sacrifice. You know all about sacrifice, You have made the ultimate sacrifice of Your Son, Jesus, I know that mine pales in comparison. Help me to obey You as I am teaching Levi to obey. You know what is best for me even when I can't see the big picture just as I know what is best for him when he can't see the big picture.

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us REJOICE and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment