Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pregnancy again. :) part 7

So I ordered a prenatal yoga DVD the other day and since it came I haven't been able to stop using it. (That is totally an exaggeration). I have loved practicing yoga ever since I was fifteen, been in multiple classes and I'm just really familiar with it. I wish I could join a class right now, but with the expense ($100 class vs $20 DVD) and that I can do the video on my own time, this is perfect. I was doing yoga last night before bedtime and after a while Ben was like, "I'm going to bed, this music and her voice is making me so relaxed." Granted, it had been a long day, but still, I'm hoping this will help me with my sleep issues.

One thing I realized though as I was practicing and thinking about it later, I realized that they tell you to "release all your cares and worries" but I'm wondering, to what? To the abyss? To the earth? But what can those things do about our problems? Jesus says to cast your burdens upon him. "Come to Me all who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest, take My yoke upon you and learn from me, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light, for I am gentle and humble in heart. And you shall find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29

So really yoga and relaxation and meditation is perfect for the believer. I think all too often in western culture we don't know how to be still and know that He is God. We often don't know how not to worry. Who struggles with worrying? Yeah, me too. But Jesus tells us we don't need to worry, some scripture I want to memorize to help me with that struggle is Matthew 6:25-34

Why is it that women think it's their job to worry? Why is it so socially acceptable? I feel like if I'm not worried about something, then something is wrong with me.

Another subject, did I mention I have been feeling this baby kick? Just sweet little flutters. I think she is going to be gentler than Levi. I'm trying to think of sweet little girl names, but it's hard. I've thought about the name Peace, but I just don't know. Oh well, we've got several more months.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment