Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pregnancy again. :) part 5

This one could probably also go under "Struggles with Sleep" ... but I think it more applies to just being prego. Oh yes, I almost forgot... we are having a:

GIRL!

I was completely surprised to find this out, for some reason I totally had it in my head that we would have another boy. I'm really starting to get used to the idea and having a sweet little baby girl to cuddle with and nurture when she arrives. Maybe she will be a calming presence in the household. :) Who knows?

I guess I was just going to post about how a good nights sleep makes ALL the difference. Why in the world does it have to become harder to sleep when you get pregnant? I can never seem to get enough room in the bed (wishing we had a king size right now!) laying on my stomach is out of the question, most the time I end up on my side and I always want a pillow to support me. Ben complains about how the pillow takes up too much room, then I tell him, okay, I'll go sleep in the guest room. Never mind, the pillow doesn't take up that much room. I have always taken up more than my fair share of the bed anyways, poor guy. On top of that, I take a sleeping pill, with which I still wake up in the middle of the night to pee, on off nights I take melatonin. I've been taking 3 tablets which is six miligrams. THREE. I think I'm going to have to bump it up to four soon because I am still not waking up feeling rested.  I know I need to go for a walk, I know I need to... this morning I went and I could barely put one foot in front of the other. It's not always like this. Usually it's just bad when I haven't slept well. It makes a HUGE difference when I can actually get sleep.

I'm thankful Levi is still napping, but I don't know what I'm going to do when my kids are older and I'm pregnant. Maybe I'll just be cranky all the time. Literally, I am so cranky and angry at the world when I don't sleep enough. Ben made a comment to me this morning and I kind of gave him this angry, knee jerk reaction, it was so stupid. I got Levi up and just sat on the couch with him, staring out like a zombie.

I keep thinking about how I need to call this person or do this thing, but honestly, I don't want to interact right now, I know that I NEED to, but I don't want to. Makes no sense. I need to just keep talking to people and being in real life so I don't fall into depression. But how do you do that when you don't want to call anyone? I'm so not making any sense right now. I'm going to lay down on the couch right now...


No comments:

Post a Comment