Wednesday, August 31, 2011

in awe

Why would I doubt such a good God? He has always proven Himself faithful. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for He is with me, His rod and His staff, they comfort me. He even prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies. Who would imagine this? I didn't know that was possible. Is God really that big and powerful? Is He really that daring? That dangerous? He is not safe, but He is good.

I know that goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life. My cup overflows. I am in awe. I have suffered, yes, but it is not one ounce the suffering that Jesus did on the cross. The insane part is that I actually deserved my suffering. He didn't even deserve it. Lord, I'm sure that I will stay in awe of what You do, what You have done, what You will do for the rest of my life. Please don't allow me to stray from Your presence. You are so gracious and compassionate, but every place that I have found outside of your presence has been empty and void, it is striving and striving for nothing but hopelessness.

You fill my spirit. You give peace and comfort and rest, even in the worst of circumstances, even in the best.

Thank You. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment