Thursday, October 11, 2012

Baby Superstion

I am not superstitious.

I laugh in the face of superstition. I think it's ridiculous the things people will do or avoid because they think that the fates of the universe will have it out for them. I wore the number 13 in high school basketball because I refused to think that anything could be wrong with that number. It's silliness. I was listening to a conversation on a plane about a month ago about these guys talking about what they would do for a football game and superstition. One would chain smoke, another would clean his house while watching the game, every time he cleaned a room his team would score, another would always bring his girlfriend... I thought it was the dumbest thing I had ever heard.

I laugh at superstition.

I am a Christian and I don't believe in fates, I believe in God. He is in control, those silly things are just well... silly.

And now I digress. ... (sad face).

Babies have changed my life. Babies know something. They are in cahoots with things like the internet, facebook, blogs... Their little ears hear if you tell your husband, "Well, (insert child's name) went down really easy tonight." and they immediately pop out of bed or start crying. As soon as you post on facebook that your child is sleeping through the night you can count on it being OVER. As soon as you post on your blog or even start to post about how awesome potty training is going just count it as OVER. No way, no how can you ever brag on that stuff on the internet. Baby ESP will be out to get you.

I have no idea how this works. I can't ever believe I'm writing about it, but believe me, it's true.

Theory: Pride comes before the fall. I want to say that's in Proverbs. As soon as I become prideful about something enough to post it somewhere then I'm destined for a downfall. Again, this is only my theory.

It's amazing how life works sometimes.

I'm still not superstitious. Someday, when I get to heaven I'm going to ask God about all this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment