Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Letters to My Little Ones

I have been seeing other blogs write letters to their children. So I think I will try it.

Dear Aria,

I haven't written as much on the blog about you (except for your epic birth story). I have been wanting to write, but sometimes it's difficult to think in terms of communication with such a small person. I am very sorry about that. I will do my best to remedy that.

I honestly didn't expect I would ever have a little girl. I thought the Lord would give me boys because I was such a tomboy growing up. I'm pretty silly to think that aren't I? One thing I love about you is seeing how much of a girl you are. Your movements are so dainty. Even as a little baby you are able to pick up the smallest thing with your tiny little fingers. You are persistent. Yesterday I watched you try to put a ball in your brothers toy gun. The ball was slightly too big, but that didn't deter you. You knew it needed to get in there. You were never frustrated, you just kept trying. Honestly, you probably tried for about 15 minutes, which is like forever when you are just a little baby.

You love your daddy. That's for sure. And you love me too but that's kind of a given since we hang out like ALL THE TIME. It's good. I like it that way. Your daddy provides so well that I get to be at home with you and your brother all the time. I get to be that underlying security in your life and I am thankful for that. My favorite part of the day is when I am about to take you to bed and I say, "Let's say night-night to daddy!" Your face lights up with the hugest smile and we go over to him. You reach towards him and hug him while he kisses you and then you reach back and bury your head in my shoulder as if you are suddenly bashful. As we walk away you watch him from my shoulder until we turn the corner to your room.

I am so thankful for these past nine months with you. You are so beautiful, so precious. You are living up to your name in being a fresh new song in our house.

Love,

Mama




No comments:

Post a Comment